That’s right, folks! Vocaloid Gumi, voiced by Megumi Nakajima (Macross Frontier’s Ranka Lee), is getting her own game! “megpoid the Music#” from developer ParaPhray or パラフレ (we’ve never heard of them either) is a Gumi-based rhythm-action title that will head to the PSP in Spring 2013.
Gumi is a Vocaloid character created by Internet Co., Ltd as the official mascot for its line of Megpoid software, powered by Yamaha’s Vocaloid2 technology. The name “Gumi” was originally voice actress Megumi Nakajima’s childhood nickname. Both Internet Co. and ParaPhray will share the copyrights for this PSP title.
There’s a two-page feature on the game in this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu (on sale in Japan October 11), so if you want the full details, be sure to pick up a copy from your local import bookstore. In Singapore, the latest issue of Famitsu can usually be found in Kinokuniya book stores on Fridays. Alternatively, just wait for a full reveal on the game from official sources tomorrow – a website or something to introduce the game is bound to come up.
In the meantime, here are a few images/scans and details to tide you over:
No details on the rhythm-action gameplay have been unveiled thus far. However, the info-box on the game does say that megpoid the Music# will support “1 to 4 players”.
Costumes-wise, expect to see over 40, not including items or accessories that Gumi can equip.
Four songs have been confirmed in the megpoid the Music#:
- Ame ga Futte (雨が降って。 or It’s Raining) by Reruriri (れるりり)
- Koi wa Kitto Kyuujoushou (恋はきっと急上昇☆ or Love Will Surely Soar) by Noboru (のぼる↑)
- KiLLER LADY by HachioujiP (八王子P)
- MeguMegu Fire Endless Night (メグメグ☆ファイアーエンドレスナイト) by samfree
More songs will be announced at a later date. That said, Famitsu did drop a little hint in the article on what fans can expect to see: popular songs that have accumulated over 4,800,000 views on Nico Nico Douga. Does this mean DECO*27′s Mozaik Role (モザイクロール) will make it in for sure? We’ll just have to wait to find out.
Like in Sega’s Project Diva series, outside of the main gameplay modes, megpoid the Music# will include a Gumi Room (GUMIルーム) as well. Some of the features in Gumi Room are:
- Costume Change – modify Gumi’s look by making her change into costumes and accessories purchased in-game (with points accumulated through play)
- Diary – once certain conditions are met, you’ll be able to read diary entries made by Gumi.
- Gallery/PV – a mode where illustrations and PVs can be viewed. Some of the pieces contained here include the works of Nou (のう) and Tsukasa Ryugu (竜宮ツカサ)