InuYasha concluded with a sweet and happy ending five years ago, but its creator Rumiko Takahashi, with a big heart, still has a story to tell. In Shonen Sunday’s 10th issue launched last February 6, a 34-page one-shot special has been featured.
Aside from Takahashi, other Shonen Sunday mangakas will revive their popular series for the Heroes Come Back anthology including:
- Takashi Shiina (popular for Ghost Sweeper Mikami)
- Hiromu Arakawa (popular for Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Kazuhiko Shimamoto (popular for Honou no Tenkouse)
- Fujihiko Hosono (popular for Gallery Fake)
- Masami Yuuki (popular for Mobile Police Patlabor)
- Kazuhiro Fujita (popular for Ushio to Tora)
The InuYasha one-shot special is part of the “Heroes Come Back” charity project by the weekly shonen manga magazine. The royalties earned will support the restoration of the devastated areas caused by the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami disaster which occurred on March 11, 2011.