Ribon, the monthly shoujo manga magazine published by Shueisha, has announced on its April issue that it will launch a Vocaloid manga series. The series will start running in Ribon’s June issue.
Along with the announcement is a bonus item entitled “Ribon x Hatsune Miku: Vocaloid Complete Handbook”. The cover features Vocaloids drawn by five manga authors:
- Haru Karuki (Rozen Maiden dolls talk) drew Meiko
- Yuka Fujiwara (Crash!) drew Kaito
- Yoko Maki (Aishiteru ze Baby) drew the Kagamine Rin and Len
- Mayu Sakai (Sugar Soldier) drew Hatsune Miku
- Nana Haruta (Stardust Wink) drew Megurine Luka
The handbook features the characters of Crypton Future Media’s most popular franchise as well as an introduction to the song Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru ♪ [Shite yan yo]. Readers can also enjoy the handbook’s Vocaloid quiz game and “Vocaloid Fortunes”.
Previously, Maker Unofficial: Hatsune Mix, a Vocaloid doujinshi manga series by KEI (the original Vocaloid illustrator), was serialized in the shounen manga magazine Comic Rush. The series started running in 2007.