Did you get extremely excited for the Persona 3 movie upon seeing its first teaser (even if it’s just a 15-second video where the main character uses his evoker)?
If you’ve been anticipating the solid details of the upcoming movie, here’s the good news: Persona 3 the movie is now titled and has revealed its details on the cast, staff and release schedule.
The first film is titled Persona 3 The Movie #1 Spring of Birth. Aside from the details, a PV has been shown:
The original cast from the game will be returning for the movie.
- Akira Ishida as Makoto Yuki (the main protagonist)
- Megumi Toyoguchi as Yukari Takeba
- Kousuke Toriumi as Junpei Iori
- Rie Tanaka as Mitsuru Kirijo
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Akihiko Sanada
- Mamiko Noto as Fuka Yamagishi
- Isamu Tanonaka as Igor
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Elisabeth
- Directed by Noriaki Akitaya (Bakuman)
- Supervised by Seiji Kishi (Devil Survivor 2 The Animation)
- Script written by Jun Kumagai (script writer for some Persona 4 episodes)
- Music composition by Shoji Meguro
- Animation Production: AIC A.S.T.A.
In the Persona 3 game, the story opens with a young teenage boy who transfers to Gekkoukan High School. Soon, he gets attacked by dark creatures known as “shadows” and learns that he has a special ability to defeat these creatures that feed on the minds of humans during the “Dark Hour”. He joins a special group in school called the Special Extracurricular Execute Sector (SEES) in order to stop the menace of the shadows.
Persona 3 The Movie #1 Spring of Birth premieres this fall in Japan.