Let’s face it. Not every female anime fan has had the chance to play an otome game. In fact, they only get a taste of it when a title receives an anime adaptation. However, you can’t really say that the experience is 100% satisfying, particularly if you’re shipping for the female protagonist x [insert bishounen character’s name other than the male lead here].
Fortunately, there’s Aksys Games, the video game publisher behind the North American release of Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom for the PSP.
Aksys has officially announced that Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi for the Nintendo 3DS is getting a North American release. Its launch will be revealed at a later date.
Aside from the main storyline, the game features six new stories which allow the player to get the insights of the other characters. This feature enlightens players about the events in the main story.
Here are the other key features:
- See the gorgeous warriors of the Shinsengumi in 3D.
- Photo and movie galleries
- Photobooth – a purikura inspired feature where players can take pictures with their favorite characters. Background and themes are available.
Aksys Games’ story description for Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi.
At a time when shogunate and imperial forces clashed for supremacy over Japan, Chizuru travels to Kyoto in search of her missing father. She runs into the Shinsengumi, a band of samurai warriors sworn to protect the shogun. Chizuru soon learns that they, too, are looking for her father. What awaits them is more than just your typical missing person’s case, as they face off against imperial soldiers and the supernatural! But in the midst of all this madness, will sweet and innocent Chizuru find love?
In related news, Geneon recently announced the cast and staff for the first Hakuoki movie entitled Hakouki: Daichishou Kyoto Ranbu. Two movies have been set and a new story will be unveiled.
The cast members and staff from the anime series are reuniting for the upcoming movie.
- Director: Osamu Yamasaki
- Original Character Design: Yone Kazuki
- Character Design and Chief Animation Director: Atsuko Nakajima
- Script: Tsunekiyo Fujisawa and Osamu Yamasaki
- Animation Production: Studio DEEN
- Original Work: Idea Factory
- Houko Kuwashima as Chizuru Yukimura
- Shinichiro Miki as Toshizou Hijikata
- Showtaro Morikubo as Souji Okita
- Kousuke Toriumi as Hajime Saitou
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Heisuke Toudou
- Koji Yusa as Sanosuke Harada
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Chikage Kazama
Hakuoki: Daichishou Kyoto Ranbu premieres August 24 in Japan.
It looks like 2013 is a good year for fans of the Hakuoki franchise. Are you getting Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi for your 3DS?