As announced in Shonen Jump‘s thirty-first issue and confirmed by the official website, there will be a new smartphone app called “Jump Live” that will give users access to exclusive contents updated everyday by some of the top manga artists in the business. Shonen Jump‘s official YouTube channel posted the video below giving more details about “Jump Live”.
The app will hit Japan this August, and will be available on Google Play and App Store platforms. “Jump Live” will be accessible to Android and Apple devices and is free-ish. Although the app itself is free, there’s a 250 yen pass needed to get all the content. That’s a small price to pay for never-before-seen artwork by some of the most beloved manga artists out there. Now, I’ve said that a few times already – the top manga artists, the best manga artists, the most beloved manga artists. But who are these artists? I don’t think you’ll be disappointed:
- Akira Amano, Reborn!
- Takeshi Konomi, The Prince of Tennis
- Sui Ishida, Tokyo Ghoul
- Kentaru Yabuki, To Love-Ru Darkness
- Hiroshi Shiibashi, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan
- Koji Oishi, Inumaru Dashi
- Makoto Kamo, Geki-kara! Curry Ouji
- Yoichi Komori x Muneaki taoka x Tsubasa Sugie, Umizaru,Tokkyu!!
- Shinya Suzuki, Mr. FULLSWING
- Yoshiyuki Nishi, Muhyo to Roji no Mahouritsu Soudan Jimusho
- Masahiro Hirakata, Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
- Teppei Fukushima, Samurai Usagi
- Tadahiro Miura, Koisome Momiji
Note that the works listed will not necessarily comprise the contents of the app. However, what we do know is that Akira Amano‘s new series ēlDLIVE will in one way or another be part of “Jump Live”. Apparently, there will be games too, although no specifics have been released. With all that being said, the question is will you be getting “Jump Live”? As updates come out, you can find out for yourself by following the official twitter account.