School anime will never be complete without teachers, as they play a variety of roles from the cool and wise adviser to the bumbling failure of a human being that’s often used as the butt of the joke to the cute female teacher who is the one who gets bullied by her own students. Japanese anime database Charapedia has once again asked its readers a question, and this time, it focuses on these often lovable anime “senseis”
Like the other Charapedia rankings, 10,000 people have voted in the poll, and here are the results for the 20 most ideal anime teachers:
20) Negi Springfield (Mahou-sensei Negima?!)
19) Natsuki Minamiya /Natsuki-chan (Strike The Blood)
18) Yoshinoya (Hidamari Sketch)
17) Yukio Okumura (Blue Exorcist)
16) Iruka Umino (Naruto)
15) Shouyou Yoshida (Gintama)
14) Hansuke Doi (Nintama Rantaro)
13) Meisuke Nueno (Hell Teacher Nube)
12) Yoichi Tanaka (Ao Haru Ride)
11) Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka)
10) Mitsuyoshi Anzai (Slam Dunk)
9) Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
8) Ittetsu Takeda (Haikyuu!)
7) Miho Amakata (Free!)
6) Nozomu Itoshiki (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei)
5) Shizuka Hiratsuka (OreGaiRu / My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
4) Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
3) Komoe Tsukuyomi (A Certain series)
2) Sawako Yamanaka (K-On!)
1) Ginpachi-sensei (Gintama)
Gintoki… I mean Ginpachi-sensei has provided a whole lot of laughs with his classroom antics while managing a problematic class of students. Sure he looks unreliable, but is there even any cooler teacher out there? Class won’t be boring with him teaching, that’s why he takes 1st place in the list… though students actually learning something is still a bit questionable.
Taking the #2 spot is the teacher every student wants to either befriend or bully, the teacher who epitomizes the “sensei-chan” trope by being the faculty member who students can always count on and take advantage of, “Sawako-chan”. Admit it, she’s just lovable, and you would often question her age by how she acts with her students who will take advantage of her every single time.
Speaking of teachers with questionable age, “Komoe-sensei” is not just any loli teacher, she is THE Loli teacher. at 40 years of age, Komoe is one of the most respected teachers in Academy City, yet because she looks like an elementary school student, her students find it hard to take her seriously… until she dishes out some hellish punishment of sorts. Fuku-da.
#4 ranked Koro-sensei may have his anime adaptation still in the works but he is popular enough to place very high in the list. Oregairu’s lovable Shizuka Hiratsuka meanwhile takes #5 to round out the list for her wise guidance of her students and for putting up with Hachiman… just don’t mention the word “marriage” to her or she will snap.
So which anime sensei would you rather have?