The latest magazine scans from the August 2015 edition of Newtype Magazine is finally out, and that means, its Newtype Rankings time once again, and the results are as expected with Sword Art Online and the Fate series dominating. Here are the August 2015 Newtype Rankings:
1) Kirito (Sword Art Online)
2) Archer (Fate/ Stay Night)
3) Bell Cranel (Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?)
4) Shirou Emiya (Fate/ Stay Night)
5) Producer (The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls)
6) Gilgamesh (Fate/ Stay Night)
7) Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari series)
8) Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass series)
9) Yuuichirou Hyakuya (Seraph of the End)
10) Mikaela Hyakuya (Seraph of the End)
1) Saber (Fate/ Stay Night)
2) Rin Tohsaka (Fate/ Stay Night)
3) Asuna (Sword Art Online)
4) Hestia (Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?)
5) Shinobu Oshino (Monogatari series)
6) Nome Sheryl (Macross Frontier)
7) Shinoa Hiragi (Seraph of the End)
8) Haruka Amami (The [email protected])
9) Yukino Yukinoshita (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
10) White (Blood Blockade Battlefront)
1) Fate/ Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)
2) Is it Wrong to Pick-up Girls in a Dungeon?
3) Seraph of the End
4) Love Live!
5) The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls
6) Blood Blockade Battlefront
8) Sound! Euphonium
9) The Heroic Legend of Arslan
10) Hello! Kiniro Mosaic
If it weren’t for Kirito taking first place in the male rankings, it would have been an all Fate series affair at the top as Fate/ Stay Night takes #1 in both the series and female rankings. Sword Art Online has showed that it is still one of the most popular anime out there despite the second season already having ended months ago.
The [email protected], Macross, and Monogatari meanwhile have also shown some staying power in the rankings while Code Geass is experiencing a bit of an upsurge as of late with the release of the Akito the Exiled’s fourth movie.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
Want to know more about anime-based travel destinations? Read more about them here on Sgcafe!
Also join in on the community’s discussions at http://forums.sgcafe.com