Kaijuu fans rejoice! Because Polygon Pictures, TOHO, and Netflix are teaming up for something special with Gen Urobuchi’s upcoming Godzilla anime movie. TOHO will be distributing the film in Japan with a coordinated theatrical release, while Netflix will be streaming the anime around the world.
New concept are has also been revealed:
A stage event on Anime Japan this March 26 will hand out more details on this monstrous new anime project starring the King of Monsters himself. The anime will also feature six A-list voice actors as part of the cast, but we all know they will be second-fiddle to Godzilla himself, right?
- Kana Hanazawa (OreImo’s Kuroneko, OS: Infinite Stratos’s Charlotte Dunois)
- Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan’s Eren Jeager and High School DXD’s Issei Hyoudo)
- Takahiro Sakurai (Code Geass’s Suzaku Kururugi and Berserk’s Griffith)
- Mamoru Miyano (Gundam 00’s Setsuna F. Seiei and Steins;Gate’s Rintarou Okabe)
- Junichi Suwabe (Fate/Stay Night’s Archer and Kuroko’s Basketball’s Daiki Aomine)
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintama’s Gintoki Sakata and Haruhi Suzumiya series’ Kyon)
While Polygon Pictures handles the animation, and Detective Conan movie director, Kobun Shizuno is directing, renowned anime writer, Gen “Urobutcher” Urobuchi (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass, Madoka Magica) is handling the story concept and screenplay. The anime will premiere later this year.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
Source: Animate Times