Season Seven of Game of Thrones is now finally done! But as I was watching the season, a scene of Daenerys riding Drogon gave me an idea that she’s perfect as a Rider-class servant in the Fate series. And then, it hit me that a LOT of characters fit the description of those who can be summoned as Heroic Spirits in a holy grail war.
The Fate series usually has seven servants, with the rare instance of having a 7 vs. 7 fight like the one in Apocrypha. We decided to go with the classic format for the battle of the Holy Grail, and chose seven Game of Thrones characters who we think would fit certain servant classes.
And since Game of Thrones fanboy and Attack on Titan mangaka, Hajime Isayama managed to sneak in a few GoT characters in his manga, we decided to go Game of Thrones as well. But this time, we went with a Fate twist. The list is based on opinion, so please treat us kindly. And without further ado, we’re starting with the most obvious one, Daeny as a Rider:
Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons (we just had to)
Noble Phantasm: Dracarys (Dragon Fire), which comes from her THREE dragons. When she’s summoned, she also comes with all three of her dragons, Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal
Abilities: Immune to Fire-based attacks
Strengths: Determined, tactically sound, and she has THREE DRAGONS
Weakness: Like most Rider-class servants, she’s not very strong herself, as she relies more on the ability of her three dragons. She’s also not a fighter, so without those dragons, she’s pretty useless in a fight.
1) Long Claw, a Valerian Steel Sword which can instantly kill the undead, as well as White Walkers
2) Resurrection: let’s just say he died once
3) Ghost: He can summon his ninja Dire Wolf, Ghost. Seriously, that wolf can hide itself and come out of nowhere like a ninja.
Strengths: A very talented swordsman, a skilled tactician, and is very adaptable to the situation. Has high charisma and can win over allies, and sometimes, enemies very easily.
Weakness: He knows nothing.
1) Faceless Man: Can turn herself into basically anyone… as long as she has his/her face.
2) Needle: Her sword, which gives opponents a false sense of superiority and gets them to lower their guard
3) Nymeria: Like Jon, Arya’s also got a pretty viscous Dire Wolf of her own. However, unlike her brother, Ghost, Nymeria is a whole lot wilder and more primal.
Strengths: Excellent swordswoman, very agile like most Assassin-class servants. But most importantly, she’s pretty ruthless and has a knack for killing people, as Assassins should be. Like her siblings, she’s also very determined and has the tenacity of a Dire Wolf. Easily underestimated because of her size, as well as the size of her sword, Needle, people often don’t think of her as a legitimate threat. However, she’s killed people more than twice her size plenty of times.
Weaknesses: While she’s fast, she’s more of a glass cannon and may not be able to take the hits like the other characters in this list.
Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane
Noble Phantasm: Intimidation, his size alone strikes fear in the hearts of his opponents, lowering their stats.
Strengths: Really really really strong, immune to poison after Qyburn “treated” him. He’s also pretty Axe-crazy (he’s a Berserker, duh!) and won’t think twice about lopping your head off or crushing your skull with his bear hands… because he can do that
Weakness: Like most Berserkers, he’s not that bright. He’s also pretty slow.
Noble Phantasm: Poisoned Weapons, any weapon he uses becomes poisonous. Any cut received from any of his weapons, no matter how shallow, can kill.
Strengths: A master poisoner, his weapon of choice is a poisonous spear. Considered one of Westeros’s greatest warriors, he is quite agile and a fast thinker. His skill with the spear is also second to none, being the best spearman in the Seven Kingdoms.
Weaknesses: Like Arya, he’s also quite the glass cannon. However, like ALL Lancers, he’s also pretty unlucky. Being a Lancer is Suffering.
1) The Shadow: Her “Child” can instantly kill any target, but she can only use this once.
2) Resurrection: Like most priests of the Lord of Light, she can Revive anyone, but at a cost to her
3) Illusion of Beauty: She can hide her weaknesses by looking younger than she really is.
Strengths: Very cunning and crafty. Her fanatical and unyielding belief in her faith drives her to do absolutely everything to get things done, including murder. Oh, and she can use black magic too!
Weaknesses: Actually a very frail old woman. More suited to a support role than taking on enemy servants head on.
1) Straight Run Shot. He’ll hit you if you DON’T ZIGZAG. Dammit Rickon!
2) Feed the Dogs: Will let loose his hounds to eat opponents alive
3) Bolton Torture Chamber: Based on his reputation as a ruthless torturer and that incident with a certain Greyjoy’s… you know what.
Strengths: Ruthless, Cunning, Conniving, and downright nasty, Ramsey deserves his reputation as one of the most hated characters in Game of Thrones. Plays very dirty as well. Also a crack shot at the bow, and very very accurate if you don’t zigzag while running. DAMMIT RICKON!
Weakness: Gets overconfident easily.
Well, there you have it. Remember that this is based on our opinions, as we’re huge fans of both Game of Thrones and the Fate series.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
Read more of our original SGCafe stories through this link