Netflix is adapting Kei Sanbe’s bestselling thriller manga, ERASED, into a live-action TV series. But before it makes its premiere in Japan this December, the manga-based TV series has now revealed a brand new trailer:
The new trailer previews the live-action TV series’ story, which follows struggling mangaka, Satoru Fujinuma. Satoru has the power to rewind time and change history. However, after the murder of his mother, he has to go back to his childhood and uncover the mystery behind the murders happening in his home town. The new trailer also features the song, “Akane” by Kanojo in the Display, which is the Netflix show’s theme song.
Yuuki Furukawa will star as the adult Satoru Fujinuma, while Reo Uchikawa will play his child version. The new series will be adapting the manga’s epilogue for the first time as well. It will premiere across 190 countries in Netflix starting December 15, 2017. Its cast will include:
- Reo Uchikawa as Satoru Fujinuma (child)
- Mio Yuuki as Airi Katagiri
- Rinka Kakihara as Kayo Hinazuki (child)
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Gaku Yashiro
- Yuuki Furukawa as Satoru Fujinuma (adult)
- Tomoka Kurotani as Sachiko Fujinuma
- Noriko Eguchi as Akemi Hinazuki
- Jin Shirasu as Kenya Kobayashi
- Hidekazu Mishima as Sawada
Filming was done in Tomakomai City in Hokkaido, the manga/TV anime’s real-life location. Shinobi -Heart Under Blade director, Ten Shimoyama, is directing the series, with Tomomi Ookubo writing the scripts.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe