Tank battle MMO World of Tanks roars through South East Asia with the opening of their SEA servers in Singapore! The award-winning and Guiness World Record-holding game can now be accessed by players based in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand. Best of all, the game is free to play — guaranteed!

A special press event was held by World of Tanks creators Wargaming.net at Fort Canning Park’s The Battle Box — an underground bunker used by British forces during the 2nd World War. At the event, Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi walked everyone through the basics of the game, and explained why World of Tanks has a lot of potential in the South East Asia online gaming market.

World of Tanks puts you at the helm of a WWII-era tank from either the Allied or Axis sides of the battle. You have a choice of tanks (light, medium, and heavy), tank destroyers, and artillery to lay waste the enemy’s defenses. In the game’s popular Random Battle Mode, you can engage in one-on-one tank battles as part of a squad of fifteen tanks, taking on fifteen other players in intense five-minute battles.

World of Tanks is completely free to play — it is possible to advance to the higher levels without spending a dime, simply by playing the game and playing it well. However, for those who want more options, micro-transactions are available for items such as cosmetic customization for their tanks, EXP transfers between tanks in your garage, or special shells and repair kits.

The good news is, the paid options are especially designed not to break the game — even at the higher levels. As Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi puts it, “We are truly free-to-play. If 80% of our players decide not to pay us anything, we’re happy with that. If the remaining 20% decide to purchase something, it will only cost the same as a movie ticket. There is no $10,000 item you can buy that will kill everyone!”

The game’s creators are also working hard on making the player community vibrant and engaging. They are working on special in-game events such as clan wars and coop missions. They are also in the process of having World of Tanks included in e-sports events, where the best players can win thousands of dollars in cash prizes.

World of Tanks is poised to attract over one million new users in South East Asia — a modest start on the road to matching their impressive numbers in Europe and the US. Who knows — South East Asia may be the one to break the Guinness World Record the game currently holds for Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server (FYI, it was 450,000 players on their Russian server).

Feel the tank power! Play World of Tanks today!

 

Leave a comment