Dengeki Bunko, the publisher responsible for many of today’s hottest light novels, will be celebrating their 20th anniversary with an event that fans will not want to miss.
The Grand Dengeki Bunko Exhibition will be held from April 27 to May 6 in Ikebukuro’s Sunshine City. There will be amazing features at this event, and here are some detailed descriptions from Dengeki’s official website.
The artists of Dengeki’s novels will produce exclusive artwork to be displayed at the exhibition. The pictures will be divided into three categories: scenes — both scenes out of novels and completely original scenes — cosplay drawings, and swimsuit drawings.
Here is an incomplete list of titles that will be featured (yes, incomplete). How many do you recognize?
- Sword Art Online
- Hataraku! Maou-sama
- To Aru Majutsu no Index
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
- Accel World
- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
- Golden Time
- Strike The Blood
- Shakugan no Shana
- Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
- Spice and Wolf
- Black Bread
- Magdala de Nemure
- Seiraku Shoujo
- Nareru! SE
- Heavy Object
- C3 -C Cubed-
- Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
- Kantan na Monitor Desu
- Shitsuren Tantei Momose
- Yome ni Shiro to Semaru Osananajimi no Tame ni xx Shitemita
- Shinigami no Ballad
- Sayonara Piano Sonata
- Alice Reloaded: Hello, Mister Magnum
- Ashita, Boku wa Shinu. Kimi wa Ikikaeru.
- Eiko to “Tooru” to Bukatsu no Jikan.
In addition, throughout the week, these popular authors and artists will come to the the exhibition in person to give their autographs to lucky attendees:
- April 28: “Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai” author Tsukasa Fushimi and artist Hiro Kanzaki
- April 29: “Golden Time” author Yuyuko Takemiya and artist Eeji Komatsu
- May 3: “Ro-Kyu-Bu!” author Sagu Aoyama and artist Tinkuru
- May 5: “Hataraku Maou-sama!” author Satoshi Wagahara and artist 029
- May 6: “Sword Art Online” author Reki Kawahara and artist abec
Dengeki Bunko’s 20th Anniversary Special Store
As you may have guessed, there will be products on sale at the event. Here’s a preview of the some of the items which will be available nowhere else.
- The Grand Dengeki Bunko Exhibition Official Book, containing some of the illustrations displayed at the exhibition, as well as posters, trading cards, and exclusive stories from Dengeki’s authors.
- Trading card set
Lastly, people who buy a ticket before April 27 can also buy these three tapestries based on light novels that you should recognize on sight. The regular price of each ticket is 1,000 yen, whereas the three tapestries cost 2,000 yen more. The best part is that these tapestries are signed by their respective author and artist, which makes them a must-buy for fans of the series.
The Grand Dengeki Bunko Exhibition will be an important event held by one of the major players in Japan’s entertainment industries, so anyone who can attend should get their tickets immediately.