The third season of Genshiken is coming this summer, and along with new college otaku come some new cast members.
Genshiken Nidaime is the upcoming anime adaptation of the manga by Shimoku Kio. The story revolves around “The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture” (“Genshiken” for short), which is basically a college club for otaku. Even though they may feel guilty about their hobbies or are frowned upon by their friends, the club members gradually bond together while drawing doujinshi, attending anime conventions, etc.
The next season will feature a few new club members. Also, the fujoshi Chika, who was introduced in the Genshiken OVA, will get a new voice actress.
- Chika Ogiue: Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
- Rika Yoshitake: Sumire Uesaka (Dekomori from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai)
- Mirei Yajima: Yumi Uchiyama (Momiji from Binbougami ga!)
- Kenjirou Hato (Male): Kazutomi Yamamoto (Mochizuki from Another)
- Kenjirou Hato (Female): Ai Kakuma (Ion from PS Vita game Ciel no Surge)
If you’re wondering why the last person has both a male and female voice, you’ll have to watch the anime this July to find out. Along with the cast, the studio Production I.G. has also given information on the staff.
- Director/Sound Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Genshiken OVA, Girls und Panzer)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken)
- Character Designer: Junichirou Taniguchi (Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san)
- Animation Studio: Production I.G.
In addition, Sumire Uesaka will perform the opening theme, Genshi, Joshi wa, Taiyou Datta, which will be released in CD form on July 10. Fans of the Genshiken series, as well as any otaku interested in stories about otaku should be sure to watch Genshiken Nidaime this summer.