Finally, after being in development for over two years, Razor’s first arcade fight stick – the Razor Atrox – is ready to ship.
Today the premium peripheral maker announced that it will begin taking pre-orders for the Atrox arcade stick from May 21. The stick will then begin shipping to customers in Japan later this month, and to everyone else worldwide sometime in June.
“Following a huge beta testing program, we’re confident that we’ve built an arcade stick enthusiasts will love,” said Razer co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan in a statement.
“We know that the fighting-game community is huge on modding their arcade sticks, and that is why we made the Razer Atrox extremely mod friendly. We are excited to see what extreme mods the Razer Atrox will be the base for.”
For modding reasons, the Razor Atrox is designed to be easily popped open – with just a touch of a button. Additionally, the Atrox also features built-in storage room for additional joystick parts, an interchangeable top plate, and will shop with a screwdriver to facilitate modding.
All of this is on top of industry standard features you’d expect from an arcade fight stick these days, such as Sanwa Denshi stick and buttons (Sanwa Denshi being the standard used in Japanese arcades for fighting games; for 2D shooters Seimitsu Denshi is the preferred maker) and a 2.4mm audio jack for headset use on the Xbox 360.
- 10 tournament-grade Sanwa Denshi™ buttons
- Authentic Sanwa Denshi™ joystick with ball top
- Interchangeable top panel allows for custom artwork finishes
- Fully accessible internals and storage compartments for easy modding
- Honeycomb structure on the inside for easy screw mounting
- Storage compartments for alternative bat top joystick and more
- 13 ft / 4 m detachable USB cable
- Screwdriver included for modding
- 2.5mm audio jack for headset use (Xbox 360)
The Razor Atrox is priced at US$199. Available from the Razor online store.