Namco Bandai Games Inc has announced Super Heroine Chronicle, a simulation RPG for the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita that, in a nutshell, is sort of like Super Robot Wars but with anime heroines doing combat with tentacle monsters, evil salarymen, maverick robots, and other such natural adversaries for women in anime, instead of mecha.
Today am official website for the game along with a teaser trailer was put up, giving us a taste of what the combat animations in the game will look like, as well as announcing a partial list of featured anime and characters. Rena Ryugu from Higurashi When They Cry, Houki Shinonono from Infinite Stratos, Di Gi Charat, Super Sonico… it’s almost like Namco Bandai can read their fans’ minds. Talk about a great cast of anime heroines.
Although traditionally Super Robot Wars games have employed 2D animated custscenes with super-deformed models in their battle cutscenes, with the more recent titles switching to 3D regular-proportion character models, in Super Heroine Chronicle it looks like the developers have chosen to pick a mix of 2D and 3D, super-deformed and regular-proportion models for its cutscenes.
In the order they appear within the teaser promo video:
- From Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel — Red Angel (CV: Yukari Tamura) and Blue Angel (CV: Mamiko Noto)
- Kyousogiga — Koto (CV: Rie Kugimiya)
- Di Gi Charat — Di Gi Charat (CV: Asami Sanada)
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear — Hibiki Tachibana (CV: Aoi Yuuki)
- Super Sonico — Super Sonico
- Higurashi When They Cry — Rena Ryugu (CV: Mai Nakahara)
- Aria the Scarlet Ammo — Aria H. Kanzaki (CV: Rie Kugimiya)
- Infinite Stratos — Houki Shinonono (CV: Youko Hikasa)
- The Familiar of Zero F — Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière (CV: Rie Kugimiya)
- Dream Hunter Rem — Rem Ayanokouji (CV: Naoko Matsui)
No price or release date details for Super Heroine Chronicle have been revealed yet.