Whether it be a pool episode or a beach episode, swimsuits have now become an integral part of many anime series as they often offer a break from the usual emotionally heavy stories or just give many series a good excuse for providing even more fan service.
Japanese anime character database Charapedia has once again asked its readers who do they think is the best female character who looks best in a swimsuit. With 10,000 votes, the votes are finally tallied and results are announced. Here they are:
10) Satsuki Momoi (Kuroko’s Basketball): 131 points
9) Mio Akiyama (K-On!): 143 points
8) Nami (One Piece): 179 points
7) Kosaki Onodera (Nisekoi): 194 points
6) Charlotte Dunois (IS: Infinite Stratos): 201 points
5) Miki Hoshii (The [email protected]): 206 points
4) Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!): 230 points
3) Sena Kashiwazaki (Haganai): 261 points
2) Mikoto Misaka (A Certain series): 345 points
1) Asuna Yuuki (Sword Art Online): 431 points
The lovely “perfect waifu” Asuna takes the top spot in Charapedia’s rankings as she takes a landslide victory over #2 ranked Mikoto who showed that you don’t need a big chest to have a good swimsuit figure. Asuna has been one of the most popular anime characters as of late and her victory may come from all the hype the upcoming Sword Art Online II is generating. Mikoto on the other hand, modest chest and all, has been featured in her now famous white dotted and frilly two-piece in countless artworks and figures.
#3 ranked Sena on the other hand is also often featured in a swimsuit, and it would usually be her blue and yellow two-piece she always wears. Like Mikoto, that she has been featured wearing that blue and yellow swimsuit in countless artworks, cosplays, and figures.
A pair of idols meanwhile round out the top 5 with Honoka representing Love Live! while Miki represented The [email protected] Both are known for their excellent figures, but Miki, who took #5 below Honoka has been known to cause a lot of damage with her in a swimsuit, just ask the poor boys who were hitting on her only to be ditched without a word.