Many South Koreans also love anime, and Korean anime distributor and broadcaster, Aniplus, has recently asked its viewers to vote for their favorite anime characters for this year’s Aniplus Character Tournament.
This online poll pitted one anime character against another in a one-on-one duel where fans had to vote for their favorites. The competition is tournament style, much like the Saimoe competitions, the only difference is that this contest includes both male and female characters
With the tournament over, the official website has announced the results, and here are the winners:
1) Chiyo Sakura (Monthly Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
2) Rin Tohsaka (Fate/ Stay Night)
3) Kosaki onodera (Nisekoi)
4) Saber (Arthuria) (Fate/ Stay Night)
5) Shiro (No Game No Life)
6) Asuna Yuuki (Sword Art Online II)
7) Sinon/ Shino Asada (Sword Art Online II)
8) Illyasviel Von Einzbern (Fate/ kaleid Liner Prisma Illya and Fate/ Stay Night)
9) Maki Nishikino (Love Live!)
10) Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi)
The lovable Chiyo Sakura finally gets her dues as Korean viewers have chosen her as their character of choice and pulling out huge upsets over favorites like Rin, Onodera, and Asuna.
And speaking of Onodera, looks like most Korean anime fans are members of Team Onodera as she made it to 3rd place over her love rival, Chitoge who only took 10th place. Sorry Team Chitoge members.
This however isn’t the first time Aniplus has done something like this. This character tournament is actually the second one, with the first being won by Hyouka’s Houtarou Oreki.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe