The video game final boss, they range from the downright disappointing all the way to “So hard, I haven’t beaten him for a month!”. Sometimes, even the weak final bosses are quite fascinating, and for this week’s Charapedia poll, the anime character database asked its readers to rank the final bosses they find most fascinating.
With 10,000 votes, 73.8% male and 26.2% female, Charapedia reveals the Top 15 according to the fans, and here they are:
15) Duke Pantarei – Tales of Vesperia
14) Flandre Scarlet – Touhou Project
13) Ganon – The Legend of Zelda series
12) Green – Pokemon series
11) Gilgamesh – Fate/ Stay night
10) Big Boss – Metal Gear Solid
9) Kefka Palazzo – Final Fantasy VI
8) King Dedede – Kirby series
7) Cynthia/ Shirona – Pokemon series
6) Red – Pokemon series
5) Dragonlord – Dragon Quest
4) Dhaos – Tales of Phantasia
3) Zoma – Dragon Quest
2) Sephiroth – Final Fantasy VII
1) Bowser – Super Mario Brothers
So who was able to beat out the mighty Sephiroth for the top spot? Why none other than Mario’s archnemesis, Bowser of course! True, he regularly goes carting with his worst enemy, but that doesn’t stop him from trying to make Mario (and Luigi and Peach’s) lives a little bit more miserable… and then of course there is Sephiroth.
So which video game final boss do you find most fascinating?
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe