Anime songs, or AniSongs, have been loved just as much as the anime series themselves, and the Japanese anime website, animeanime.jp, has recently polled its readers, and asked them to vote for and rank which anime OP song is their favorite.
With 1,288 accepted votes, the website has already announced the winners, and they are:
10) We Are! by Hiroshi Kitadani (One Piece)
9) Tori no Uta by Lia (Air)
8) Jigoku no Sata mo Kimi Shidai by the Jigoku no Sata All Stars (Hozuki no Reitetsu)
7) Sobakasu by Judy and Mary (Rurouni Kenshin)
6) to the beginning by Kalafina (Fate/Zero)
5) Melissa by Porno Graffiti (Fullmetal Alchemist)
4) My Soul, Your Beats! by Lia (Angel Beats!)
3) Guren no Yumiya by Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan)
2) Connect by ClariS (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
1) Only My Railgun by fripSide (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
While Only My Railgun is not very surprising, the certain lack of Evangelion in the list has surprised many, as its legendary OP song, Cruel Angel’s Thesis, has become considered one of the greatest anisongs in history, and regularly topping rankings such as this. For its part however, Only My Railgun is getting considered as a legendary AniSong as well, and it topping the list is proof of that.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe