With everything going on with the world, seeing pessimistic people have now become the norm as more and more people have adopted a negative way of thinking. For this week’s poll by the Japanese anime character database, Charapedia, they asked 10,000 anime fans, 45.3% male, 54.7% female, which anime characters are the ones who they think can give Winnie the Pooh’s Eeyore a run for his money in the negativity department. So here are the Top 15 most negative or pessimistic characters in anime:
15) Asahi Azumane – Haikyuu!!
14) Taizou Hasegawa – Gintama
13) Touma Kamijou – A Certain series
12) Omoi – Naruto
11) Shigeru Fujiki – Chibi Maruko-chan
10) Hitoka Yachi – Haikyuu!!
9) Seishuu Handa – Barakamon
8) Nobita Nobi – Doraemon
7) Ryou Sakurai – Kuroko’s Basketball
6) Tomoko Kuroki – Watamote
5) Hachiman Hikigaya – My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
4) Usopp – One Piece
3) Ichimatsu – Mr. Osomatsu
2) Nozomu Itoshiki – Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
1) Shinji Ikari – Neon Genesis Evangelion
No wonder why Hachiman couldn’t take the Top 2, as those spots have been taken by two iconic anime pessimists in Shinji and Nozomu. Other well known “complainers” and pessimists like Omoi and Tomoka have also made the list, together with Usopp and Nobita. What is surprising is that the ever-unlucky Touma fails to even make the Top 10! Such Misfortune!
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe