The legendary King of Monsters is getting its own anime movie trilogy, which is officially titled Godzilla: Monster Planet. Now, its official website has now updated, and revealed a brand new teaser visual, which might be our first look at this mighty kaijuu king.
TOHO will be distributing the film in Japan with a coordinated theatrical release, while Netflix will be streaming the anime around the world.
The anime will also feature six A-list voice actors as part of the cast, but we all know they will be second-fiddle to Godzilla himself, right?
- Kana Hanazawa (OreImo’s Kuroneko, OS: Infinite Stratos’s Charlotte Dunois)
- Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan’s Eren Jeager and High School DXD’s Issei Hyoudo)
- Takahiro Sakurai (Code Geass’s Suzaku Kururugi and Berserk’s Griffith)
- Mamoru Miyano (Gundam 00’s Setsuna F. Seiei and Steins;Gate’s Rintarou Okabe)
- Junichi Suwabe (Fate/Stay Night’s Archer and Kuroko’s Basketball’s Daiki Aomine)
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintama’s Gintoki Sakata and Haruhi Suzumiya series’ Kyon)
While Polygon Pictures handles the animation, and Detective Conan movie director, Kobun Shizuno is directing, renowned anime writer, Gen “Urobutcher” Urobuchi (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass, Madoka Magica) is handling the story concept and screenplay. The anime’s first movie will premiere this November 17, 2017.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe