Yasuhisa Hara’s Kingdom manga is getting its own live-action movie, and it looks like they’re giving it an international release! TOHO has now revealed a new trailer for the movie, and it features English subtitles, hinting at a release abroad.
ive-action BLEACH and Gantz director, Shinsuke Sato, is directing the movie. They have already began filming it in China last year. It stars Kento Yamazaki as Shin (Xin), who reprises his role from the manga’s live-action short. As for its theme song, none other than ONE OK ROCK is performing it, and its title is “Wasted Nights”. Other cast members include:
- Ryou Yoshizawa as Ei Sei (Yin Zheng)
- Masami Nagasawa as You Tanwa (Yang Duan He)
- Kanna Hashimoto as Ka Ryou Ten (He Liao Diao)
- Takao Osawa as Ou Ki (Wang Qi)
- Kanata Hongou as Sei Kyou (Cheng Jiao)
- Shinnosuke Mitsushima as Heki (Bi)
- Masahiro Takashima as Shou Bun Kun (Chang Wen Jun)
- Jun Kaname as Tou (Teng)
The movie itself will premiere on April 19, 2019. It adapts Hara’s historical manga, which centers on Xin, a slave boy who dreams of becoming a great general for the state of Qin.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
You can also read more about anime here on SGCafe.
Also join in on the community’s discussions at http://forums.sgcafe.com