Are you ready to watch an anime about making anime again? Don’t worry, because SHIROBAKO will be having a new anime movie which will act as the direct sequel to the hit TV anime. And now, P.A. Works’ official website has revealed a new key visual for the upcoming movie which features Aoi Miyamori together with a new character. Her tentative name is Miyai, and it seems that she will be playing a big role in the film.
The website also announced that the film will premiere in Spring 2020.They also announced that much of the staff from the TV anime are also returning. Of course, this includes director Tsutomu Mizushima, script supervisor Michiko Yokote, and character designer Ponkan8.
Aside from the staff, the original cast from the TV anime are also coming back, and they include:
- Juri Kimura as Aoi Miyamori
- Haruka Yoshimura as Ema Yasuhara
- Haruka Chisuga as Shizuka Sakaki
- Asami Takano as Misa Toudou
- Hitomi Ohwada as Midori Imai
- Shuuya Nishiji as Yutaka Honda
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Tatsuya Ochiai
- Yuri Yamaoka as Erika Yano
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Tarou Takanashi
- Ai Kayano as Rinko Ogasawara
- Masaya Matsukaze as Hayabusa Watanabe
- Mai Nakahara as Yuka Okitsu
Now that’s something to look forward to in 2020, huh? The staff also revealed that the TV anime itself will have a rerun starting this month. It will happen on July 4 at around 8:00 pm.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe