Kyoto Police finally release all 25 names of the rest of the KyoAni fire victims, but 15 families did not agree
The Kyoto police have previously released the names of 10 of the victims from that horrific arson fire in Kyoto Animation’s Studio 1 building, which killed 35 people. They have now also learned that all the families have concluded the funeral rites for the rest of the victims, so they released the names of the rest of them. Of the 25, 14 of them were in their 20’s, six in their 30’s, and five in their 40’s.
Unfortunately, 20 of the families did not agree to the release of the names, so out of respect for them, we are only going to list the five who have families which agreed to the release. They are:
- Shouko Terawaki, whose pen name is Shouko Ikeda. (Character designer: The Haruhi Suzumiya franchise, Sound! Euphonium, Animation director of many KyoAni titles)
- Atsushi Ishida, 31 (In-between animator for many KyoAni anime)
- Megumi Ohno, 21 (Rookie Animator, worked on in-between animation for Sound! Euphonium The Movie – Our Promise: A Brand New Day and Free! Road to the World – the Dream)
- Maruko Tatsunari, 31 (Animation Director: Violet Evergarden, Tsrune, Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Take On Me)
- Shiho Morisaki, 27 (Key Animator: Sound! Euphonium season 2, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, Tsurune)
Their works will remain forever in our hearts. May they find justice and many they rest in peace.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
Source: Mainichi Shimbun