C3 AFA Singapore 2019 Press Conference: Enako cosplays official AFA Mascot, Nekopara TV anime to debut first episode, and more!
C3 Anime Festival Asia recently held their press conference yesterday at the Jewel Changi Airport. There, they had plenty of reveals and announcements for next month’s big event, which will happen from 29th November against 1st December at the Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibitition Centre.
Among the biggest reveals is that Japan’s #1 cosplayer, Enako, is the one who will officially cosplay AFA’s official mascot, Seika. In addition, the event will also hold premiere screenings, day stage programmes, competitions and dedicated experiential zones.
Meanwhile, the Day Stage will feature some of Japan’s biggest seiyuu, as well as some industry experts. These seiyuu include Eriko Nakamura , Saki Fujita (from YuruYuri), Satomi Arai (from A Certain Scientific Railgun T), Asami Tano (from Zombie Land Saga), Satoshi Tsuruoka (from Fate/Grand Order), Reina Ueda and Azumi Waki (from Null & Peta), Miho Okazaki and Chikahiro Kobayashi (from That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime), Ai Kayano and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (from Saekano the Movie: Finale and Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld). As for the industry experts, they include Producers from MAPPA Manabu Otsuka and from CyGames Nobuhiro Takenaka, who worked on Zombie Land Saga franchise will also be at the event to share their experience. There’s also Composer Hige Driver, as well as the premiere for the very first episode of the NEKOPARA TV anime!
As for the Exhibition Hall, its zones will include:
- AFA PLAY Zone: The new dedicated zone will include a Naruto x Boruto: Ninja Selection Exam, an escape room concept revolving around their iconic ninja exam featured in the anime. Players of all levels can take part in the Auto Chess tournament, a brand new, highly competitive multiplayer online strategy game by Drodo and Dragonest Co.Ltd. This is in addition to Art Duel, a regional competition where aspiring illustrators from different countries battle against one another. Finalists from each country are then invited to #C3AFASG19 for a one-on-one knockout competition, to decide the one true Art Duel Champion. Prizes are sponsored by XP Pen. More contents and activities to be announced soon!
- Akiba Stage: Aside from the much-anticipated annual Ikemen Series Standee Raffle, fans can also enjoy I’m Sora Project’s very first live stage performance at the Akiba Stage. Other programmes include a special autograph and photo session with Cosplayer Hiroto, the official Cosplayer for Ikemen Series.
- AFA Shop: For the first time, AFA Shop will release three capsule collections that can be pre-ordered prior to the event, through afashop.co. They include I Love Anisong 2019 Official Merchandise, C3AFA Singapore 2019 Official Merchandise: Fun Texts (3 t-shirt designs utilizing quirky Japanese-English fusion lingos), and AFA Airways merchandise. In addition, fans can expect an array of official anime and artiste merchandise, to be shared closer to date.
- Food Street: Expanded with more than 10 stores, the Food Street will take on a Japanese Matsuri theme. Festival-goers can look forward to a curated selection of food and drinks, ranging from Japanese cuisines by IPPUDO EXPRESS, Renga-ya and Sinful Cold Soba, to satisfying your trendy bubble tea needs with Tiger Sugar. Keep an eye out for the adorable Captain AFA-kun at all Tiger Sugar outlets! ● Muse X Hakken!
- Inaugural Themed Experiential Booths: Enter the digital world of Sword Art Online Alicization or take a step into the fantasy world of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Strike a pose with your favourite characters from this two featured anime. In addition, the first 1,500 visitors who visit the theme booth and like Hakken!’s Facebook page will receive a $2 off voucher for the Muse X Hakken! Retail Booth.
- For the first time outside Japan, MAPPA – Japan’s renowned animation studio – is bringing “MAPPA SHOW CASE” to C3AFA Singapore this year! Check out some of the exclusive behind-the-scenes gallery showcase featuring hit anime.
Other exhibitors include CYBIRD, MangaPlus By SHUEISHA, Bandai Spirits, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Kotobukiya, miHoYo, Aniplex, and many more.
So it’s really a big and fun-filled event this year, sp head on down to the Suntect Singapore Convention & Exhibitition Centre next month!
You can also read more about anime here on SGCafe.
Also join in on the community’s discussions at http://forums.sgcafe.com