2019 was the year of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. The anime dominated many rankings for last year and even won Anime of the Decade, though that one was without controversy. It was undoubtedly the most successful anime last year, and it once again dominated another set of awards. This time, it dominated Animedia Magazine’s Animedia Character Awards. This is also based on fan votes… and Kimetsu no Yaiba won almost everything. It won eleven awards, between seven characters.
- Tanjirou Kamado: “Bright”, “Courageous”
- Giyuu Tomioka: “Strong”, “Cool”, “Mysterious”
- Kyoujurou Rengoku: “Hot”
- Nezuko Kamado: “Cute”
- Shinobu Kocho: “Beautiful”
- Mitsuri Kanroji: “Sexy”
- Zenitsu Agatsuma: “Cute and bratty”
Non-Kimetsu no Yaiba winners:
- Conan Edogawa (Detective Conan): Clever
- Raki Kiseki (Aikatsu on Parade!): Newcomer Award
Well, some awards were to be expected. After all, Nezuko is really cute, and Conan is Clever. Do you agree with the results?
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe