The awarding ceremony might be cancelled due to Japan’s COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak, but the 14th Seiyu Awards is still pushing through! The committee has now announced the winners, and they include:
Best Lead Actor: Natsuki Hanae (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba’s Tanjirou Kamado)
Best Lead Actress: Aoi Koga (Kaguya-sama: Love is War’s Kaguya Shinomiya)
Other winners include:
- Best Supporting Actor Award: Kaito Ishikawa and Makoto Kurukawa
- Best Supporting Actress Award: Atsumi Tanezaki
- Best New Actor Award: Takeo Ootsuka, Gakuto Kajiwara, Kotarou Daigo, Katsumi Fukuhara, Shougo Yano
- Best New Actress Award: Madoka Asahina, Miho Okasaki, Miyuri Shimabukuro, Sayumi Suzushiro, Ai Fairouz, and Nana Mori
- Singing Award: Roselia from BanG Dream!
- Personality Award: Showtaro Morikubo
- Foreign Film and Live-action Award: Kouchi Yamadera and Atsuko Tanaka
- Game Award: Koudai Sakai
- Synergy Award: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Kids/ Family Award: Moomin Valley
- Influencer Award: Hiroshi Kamiya
- Special Award: Pierrot 40th Anniversary and Hiro Suzuki
Looks like a big year for Kimetsu no Yaiba, huh? Not only did it win the Synergy Award, but its lead seiyuu won Best Actor! Congratulations to all the winners!
If the event was not cancelled, they would have held the event at the Bunka Housou Media Plus Hall.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
Also join in on the community’s discussions at http://forums.sgcafe.com
Source: Seiyu Awards Twitter Page