Some sad news has gripped the Japanese entertainment industry, as actor Haruma Miura has now passed away. Miura was found at his home and later pronounced dead at the hospital. Police are now investigating the possibility of suicide. He was 30 years old.
Miura’s cause of death has not been announced publicly yet, as investigations continue. In a statement to Kyodo News, Miura’s management company Amuse Inc. says they are also awaiting more details from the investigation.
Fans may know Miura from various live-action adaptations of popular manga. He played Ren Kazama in Gokusen, Shota Kazehaya in Kimi ni Todoke, and of course, Eren Yaeger in the live-action Attack on Titan movies.
If you ever feel any suicidal thoughts, please reach out to someone, or call your country’s suicide help line.
- Brunei: 145 (Hope Line)
- Malaysia: 999 (National Emergency Hotline) or 03-79568144 or 03-79568145 (Befrienders)
- Philippines: (02) 7989-USAP (8727) or 0917 899 USAP (8727) (National Center for Mental Health) , or (02) 8896-9191 (Manila Lifeline Centre), or (02) 8893 7603, 0917 800 1123 or 0922 893 8944 (In Touch Community Services)
- Indonesia: 150-0454 (Kementerian Kesehata)
- Singapore: https://sos.org.sg (Samaritans of Singapore), 6389 2222 (Institute of Mental Health), or 1800-2214444
- Thailand: 02-713-6791 (English), 02-713-6793 (Thai), 1323
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
Source: Kyodo News